Wednesday, February 05, 2020

...W.I.P. Wednesday...a Chalkboard Repurposed Tin...

...this is going to be one of those posts that looks like it took a long time...but in reality it took very little time at each step...and I doubt that I have even an hour invested in this little tin...
...someone left this tin at a Church function before Christmas...so instead of recycling it...I brought it home to recycle it a different way...because I thought it would be a good size to keep a dozen muffins in...
...but I didn't want to just paint it because of the raised letters...
...so I just whacked it a few times with a hammer...
...and it was mostly flat...
...then I sanded off the shiny paint...
...that was super easy with the little orbital sander...
...and now we're ready for paint...
...but I liked the gold rim and wanted to keep it...so I did waste some time here covering that up...
...I used a grocery bag...and you can tell by the way I'm talking that it didn't work out very well...oh well...
...and I trimmed it with an exacto knife...but I didn't get a good enough seal...
...now we're ready for paint...
...I used this Krylon Fusion in black that I already had for some reason...
...I put the tin on top of a log...
...donned some gloves and painted away...
...all done...
...and the bottom too...
...it dried quickly and I removed the tape...and see what I mean...that gold bit is not very pretty...
...but the black is a nice matte finish...
...and I had taped the silver bits as well...
...closeup of the overspray on the gold bit...
...the lid is a little bit lumpy...but once I write on it with chalk...I don't think you'll be able to tell...
...and then I just spounced some shiny gold paint around the rim...
...baked a dozen muffins and wrote on the lid with white chalk...
...and the muffins fit perfectly...

...what have you repurposed lately?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. That was clever! But I'd always be trying to figure out where I mislaid the chalk!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete