Monday, July 20, 2020

...7.20...Weekending...

...or we could title this post the weekend of the gifted food...you'll see why in just a bit...
...we kicked off the weekend by firing up the grill...
...and grilled some tempeh and tofu...
...I cooked some chickpeas (garbanzo beans) in the Instant Pot...
...separated the aqua faba and froze that in muffin cups...
...then bagged and labeled for future use...
...I also froze some applesauce...
...and I made some vegan soy yogurt...strawberry...
...I had gotten some turnip greens...
...and fresh green beans in the grocery haul...
...so I cooked those...
...I had bought the green beans specifically to make a vegan version of ginataang gulay...but the Man did not relish that idea...so I just cooked them the regular way..and they were yummy...
...then in other news...my dear college friend Amy came for a socially distanced inter-birthday meetup...so I made smoothies for us to sip on while we walked around the Church campus...the heat index was 105° F (40.5556° C)...so this peach/spinach/grape smoothie was sweet and refreshing...sorry this is the only photo I took of our lovely little visit...

...OK...now for all that gifted food...
...it started with this bag of corn (already shucked...YAY!) and fresh homegrown tomatoes...
...so happy to have my kitchen windowsill lined with tomatoes again...
...so...of course I had to have a tomato sammie...so delicious...
...and then we found this gem on the back porch...
...it smelled so good...and the Man...said...'maybe they'll come back and leave one for you'...hahahaha...
...we split it right down the middle and ate the whole thing...it never even made it into the fridge...
...and then the next day...there were these two bags...
...a bag full of fresh homegrown peaches...
...and then six pints (SIX) of fat juicy blackberries...
...see what I mean...we ate this pint just out of hand...still warm from the picking...
...I put the peaches in my wooden bowl...they are small...but sweet and delicious...
...so then I took a pint of blackberries and dusted them with sugar and flour...but it didn't look like enough berries in the dish...
...so I added another pint...
...blended some Earth Balance with some self rising flour...
...added some almond milk and spooned it over the berries...
...and baked until golden and bubbly...so...so...good...

...I hope you had a wonderful weekend!...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

3 comments:

  1. My goodness your church folks and neighbors sure are good to you guys! It all looks so wonderful and wholesome.
    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Jack happy to be home?

    You have awesome neighbours!!!!

    You were really effective with all this meal prep'!

    We have a heat wave up here too... it's the 4th since the beginning of the season! I hate that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of yummy looking food. Your dessert looks tasy.

    ReplyDelete