Thursday, October 22, 2020

...10.22...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...after water and vitamins...I had a proper breakfast...which I admit I sometimes don't do...a 2 ingredient probiotic biscuit topped with a slice of tofu and some ham TVP...and tea ...of course...
...I have this 'snack' almost every day...walnuts (black if I have them)...for Omega-6... a banana (for potassium) and a spoonful of flaxseed (for Omega-3)...you can't see it but there is also a half of a Brazilnut (for Selenium)...
...lunch was the last of the split pea soup...squash stewed with onions...and tomato and cucumber...and tea ...of course...
...on repeat...because dinner looked much the same...haha...Vegan Chili (from the freezer)...it's the copycat Wendy's recipe - veganized...eatent in front of the tv again...from a tray...it's fun...
...and then...I had about 4 nectarines...that really needed to be used up...and we normally eat these out of hand...so I was kind of surprised how difficult they are to peel and remove the pit...but I succeeded...
...and I had just enough to fill the little souffle dish...
...was following this old recipe...for apple crisp...there's an option for peach as well...
...it's from this old cookbook that we got as a wedding gift...I still use it a lot...
...mixed up the crisp topping...flour, vegan butter, sugar, salt and oats...
...just baked...
...and shared with the Man...it was the perfect size for dessert for 2 and it was delicious...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. There you go again, asking me to use my tiny brain to remember what I ate yesterday.....breakfast was bran cereal, almond milk and a sliced Fugi apple, lunch was a sandwich with a turkey slice, lettuce and pickles and dinner was a bunch of leftovers - green beans, scramble fried potatoes/onion, a fresh cucumber sliced and some potato salad. I know, too many potatoes, but I was trying to clean up little dishes in the fridge. Weird, I know. Your food was, as usual, more colorful than mine! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same cookbook :)

    ReplyDelete