...still so very hot and HUMID here...this is what the windows looked like this morning when we got up...the humidity condenses on the outside of the windows because of the air conditioning inside...
...we got breakfast out on our way to get the weekly groceries...delicious fruit filled oatmeal with walnuts and granola on top... with dry toast...I also got a coffee...but since I'd forgotten to pack any soymilk...I had to have it with only sugar...bleh...the Man said the coffee was good...
...then we shopped...
...and got nothing very interesting...unsweetened soymilk continues to be difficult to find around here for some strange reason...
...we had some lawn chores that needed to be addressed...the Man trimmed the Star Jasmine by the back porch...again...
...and I pulled all of the dead leaves off of the lillies...they look a lot better now...
...and of course the sedum needed to be weeded...also again...
...the little museum light over our pretty Renoir copy has stopped working...and there doesn't seem to be any way to fix it...
...so we just took it down...and I don't think we're going to replace it...so the wall had to be patched...and of course it was put up with drywall anchors...and they are such a beast to remove...but we'll have it patched and painted and back on the wall in no time...
...and Sunday afternoon...I did a little bit of baking...
...banana bread...of course...
...cooked in the toaster oven on the back porch...so the top got a little bit too brown...
...and the Man wanted some peanut butter cookies...
...I chopped up some peanuts...
...so I used the old Betty Crocker recipe...it seemed a little too dry and crumbly...
...but I smooshed it into a log...
...and wrapped it in waxed paper and put it into the fridge to chill for a few hours...
...and then just sliced off some cookies and baked them in the toaster oven outside...
~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!
Monday, July 20, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Yum! Those cookies look particularly good! Fun and busy weekend...Love, K
ReplyDelete