Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Bathroom and Laundry Room Knitting

As Christmas got nearer and nearer and I realized that my presents wouldn't be finished on time - I stuck this little project in my pocket and went in the Bathroom and locked the door and knitted for a few minutes - then I rejoined the family. Then I announced that I was going to put in a load of laundry - locked the Laundry Room door and knitted for a few minutes while the washer was filling.

I repeated this scenario a few of times today - because I really wouldn't know it was Christmas Eve if I didn't stay up until the middle of the night finishing some present...

The second teeny tiny dobok ornament is finished - I'm not really happy with the purple trim belt - but I'll rework that later.

and I really will post a pattern for this soon - it's a pretty quick little knit - if you have a martial artist in the family.

I also painted this little guy in the Laundry Room.

The Man-Cub is always looking at the little dog ornaments and tags and stickers and they never have any Parson Russell Terriers (or Jack Russells as they are known in the UK), but his ever resourceful Mom (me) managed to find a little resin Jack...
This is what it looked like when I started (not my picture - I had not sneaked my camera into the laundry room with me)

I had to paint over some of the black with white - and then paint Jack's little brown mask and the inside of his ears then paint the spots black (Jack's very spotted) and then go back and paint over that lightly with white - he's sort of like a roan...

I'm really happy with how it turned out and I think the Man-Cub will be tickled...

0 comments:

Post a Comment