Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Tofu Scramble

I don't usually cook a big breakfast on school mornings - but this morning this is what it looked like inside...

and this is what it looked like outside...

and I just wanted a big tofu scramble. I sliced some onion and pepper and gave that a quick zap in the micro - to speed things along. Then I mashed up some tofu in a cast iron frying pan - added a little oil, salt and pepper, and a little tumeric - just for some yellow color. I fried this over medium high - y'all know I like a little bit of brown on my 'eggs' so I like to let it get a little brown (most people don't - but I don't like it moist at all)

This was so yummy served with toast and some Maya Caffe (more on that later...)

2 comments:

  1. looks positively good! (i had tofu today - in my hot/sour soup - not vegan, sorry - but good!)

    it's chilly here also - certainly not like there!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey K,

    It was minus 14 Sunday - and minus 3 now - we're at the tail end of a snow event - about 8 inches total - they didn't call off school or even go late...

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete