Friday, March 30, 2012

...a March Lamb...

...Scout wanted to go see the Star Wars - Episode 1 (which if you're old enough to remember the original Star Wars...it's actually Episode 4...but wait - they started with Episode 4 for some strange reason...and went back and did Episode 1...)...anywhoo...it's been remade and released in 3D...

...and since I have about 8 new Grandma's Favorite Dishcloths in my stash...I thought I'd knit something else in the dark...

...and I had seen this cute pattern over at Wool Free and Lovin' Knit...and it fit the bill...

...it's just a series of short rows...all knit...super easy...and you only have to count...you don't have to be able to see it...

...so when we got home from the movie...I had this cute little knit circle...which could be done in any colour and make a nice trivet...or even a sweet little circle wash cloth if done in cotton...I used some old acrylic from my stash...not sure what it was...just a ball of cream coloured yarn...

...so then I knit her little face and hooves...out of some yarn leftover from Scout's 5 figure...and stitched them on...

...gave her two little French Knot eyes...and she was done...so cute and fun...

...and she's been keeping me company...holding my tea...and Teecino...while I work...

...it really was a fun little afternoon project...now back to the Sawtelle...

6 comments:

  1. How cute and so seasonal. So easy to do in the dark! Ha!

    I'm making a skirt for Easter, a pencil skirt in a lovely yellow wool mix. Are you making a skirt to go with the cardi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how cute! i assumed we were going to get a star wars story when i read the first sentence!

    it should be beautiful this weekend for you guys!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you're so right...that is CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that...so adorable. And the fact that you knit it in the dark is doubly impressive. Glad all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete