Saturday, September 13, 2014

...Black Squirrel...

...this is our garden variety of grey squirrel...

...but I've posted before about the pretty White Squirrels that we have in North Carolina...near my homeplace...
...so when I heard that there was also a Black Squirrel in West Virginia...We headed to the State Capitol to find them...

Local article about them here...

...this word of Hope was on the lawn of the Governor's Mansion...and I thought it was pretty...
...it didn't take us any time at all for find one of the little guys...
...but he's almost invisible taking his nap up there in the tree...
...bu we are nothing if not patient...and a short wait brought him down...
...he's probably busy stocking up for winter...
...isn't he pretty...

~Have a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

  1. So adorable! I have only ever seen black squirrels in Washington state. So we have white squirrels here in NC? Now, I haven't seen them. I need to look closer.

    ReplyDelete