Wednesday, April 20, 2016

...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...well the dilemma of the Graduate Afghan is resolved...
...this striped camo yarn wants to be knit in plain stockinette stitch...because that's what shows off the pattern best...crochet and plain garter stitch don't work with this yarn...and as Maureen said last week...it does give a sort of fair isle effect...which is nice...still just not quite sure it's what a teenage boy would think of when he thinks of camo...
...on the reading front...I just finished Someone by Alice McDermott...I liked it a lot...just a rather sweet story of an unremarkable life...

...then next on my list was The Death of the Heart by Elizabeth Bowen...and I was surprised that I was unable to find a Kindle version anywhere...but happy when I found a regular paper version at the library...it's good so far...and I already read the ending...ha...

...what are you reading and working on this week?

~Have a lovely day!

5 comments:

  1. my goodness you've been busy!!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crocheting a shawl as I find them more useful than cardigans. Already pulled one down because it wasn't even across the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the knitted baby blanket I did with what I think is the same type yard much better than the crochet one. I really like this version, and I think the teenage boy will as well. Sounds like he just wanted colors that weren't the usual or scream made by my (or someone's)grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. forgot to mention that i'm currently reading "The Secret Scripture" - neat read about a 100 year old mental patient. checked out on the kindle from the library of course!

    and i've got "Far from the Maddening Crowd" on the kindle also from the library. never have read it....

    but i've really got to start our book club book - "The Perfect Son" by Barbara Claypole-White. the author is actually going to attend our little book club meeting! she's fairly local and someone knows her. the meeting is tuesday so i'd better get started!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week I finished making a number of garments. I still have 2 tops that need to be finished (hemming on both and sleeves on one). I made these 2 tops out of leftover fabric from dresses I made my mom but now that the weather is so hot I'm not sure I can wear them until Fall. Am now officially worn out from all the sewing. On the reading front, I'm finally making some progress on a book I've been wanting to read called "Ghana Must Go".

    The blanket you've knitted looks lovely though I agree that it doesn't look like camo ;-)

    ReplyDelete