Saturday, June 02, 2018

...Dinner and a Movie...

...Okay...first of all...how on earth did it get to be JUNE???...
...but we had a sit down dinner instead of eating from our trays...nothing special...except the carrots that is...we had vegan probiotic whey 2 ingredient biscuits, simple baked tofu...I put A1 sauce on mine...and peas with pearl onions...it was just the Man and I as Scout had his Air Force Reserve weekend...but it was nice to sit at the table and catch up with each other...Grandma was right...you definitely need to have a family meal each day...at the table...
...and I kindof had too many carrots...I'd bought the 2 lb bag...because it's cheaper...but that's a lot of carrots...

...so I peeled the rest of the carrots in that bag...and I still have another full 2 lb. bag in the fridge...
...quartered lengthwise and then halved them...and put them in my favorite terra cotta baker...
...drizzled on some olive oil...
...and the last of a jar of Bee Free Honee...which I also needed to use up as it was starting to turn to sugar...that's ok...I'll make some more...
...baked until tender...they were definitely the star of the show...they were delicious...

...and for the movie...it was my turn to choose...and I chose Mr. Rogers and Me...

...I did not grow up with Mr. Rogers...as we did not receive the PBS station at my rural childhood home...but by the time my baby brother came along we did...or at least we received it sporadically...and I have fond memories of watching it with him when he was little...and Mr. Rogers was certainly an amazing person...very genuine and refreshingly honest and transparent...which is pretty rare nowadays...

...what have you been watching?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment: