Monday, June 04, 2018

...Over the Weekend...

...we started off our weekend with some vegan waffles...
...because what better way to start the weekend...right?...
...and then I did the shopping for the week...
...I got a lot (A LOT) of fruits and veg...more than usual...
...ok...do all cats get inside of anything empty...Kitten is so funny...
...a bunch of staples...Scout had specifically asked for the Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix...
...and then I got a few cards...graduation...birthday and new baby...and a baby book and reusable bag for the gift...more about the pink patterned flip flops later...
...and then I opened a jar of cherries...I'd bought $5 a pound fresh cherries...but I didn't want to put them into muffins...they're for eating fresh...
...spread them out on the dehydrator to dry...
...dried perfectly for muffins...
...then I cut up the cantaloupe...
...and it was perfect and sweet and juicy...(I'm a hit or miss cantaloupe chooser...but this one was good)...and we ate a few slices...
...and then I cut up the rest and put it into a container...because I know from experience that cut up fruit disappears pretty quickly around here...
...I packed up the sweet little boy sweater and hat...
...and the new Mom-to-be was thrilled with the little pressies...first the hat...
...and then the little sweater...
...so sweet and masculine...
...it'll be perfect for the fall...
...and she was blessed with so many nice things...
...and then finally I gathered the ingredients for the almond-cherry-oat muffins recipe that was in my head...
...and mixed those up for Sunday morning...
...they were really delicious...perfect for a busy morning...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. The mom to be has been given a deluge of gifts. That is a great blessing for her and the baby I'm sure. I've never thought of buying canned cherries for muffins. That's a great idea but I think I'd like to use them as is. I'll have to try it one day. You bought a lot of food. My challenge is in cleaning and putting all the fresh stuff away. Not my favourite job but it is much easier to eat right, and not waste food, if I make sure to do it soonest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's always fun to see the recipient open their gifties....and what a table full of baby supplies! bet those cherry muffins were yummy!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger doesn't really care about getting in stuff. Johnny on the other hand cannot resist a box, bag, or open cupboard door. It always makes me smile to find her tucked away somewhere...

    ...now I want waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah! My cats always hid in empty bags! Or boxes!
    Nice fruit prep'! It's so nice when they are ready to eat!

    ReplyDelete