Friday, September 28, 2018

...Vegan Hand Pies...

...when we were little we loved these little individual pies Mom used to make...hers were usually apple from our old tree that is no more...

...so I just made my trusty easy pie crust:

Super Easy Pastry Crust:

1 3/4 c. flour - I used White Lily All Purpose
1/2 c. oil
3-4 tbsp. cold water

Mix oil and water together and add to flour, mix well and roll out between a handy-dandy Pie Crust Helper....
...remember a couple of weeks ago I found that accidentally vegan cherry pie filling...
...put the filling on one half and fold over...and press/seal closed with a fork...
...poke a few holes in the top...
...and place on parchment paper...
...and bake until golden...
...I wrapped the pies in waxed paper for easy eating out of hand...

...they were so good and so much fun!

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! They look just perffect! I think this is so much trouble to make but so nice to serve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ephée,
      ...they were yummy...we used to call the apple ones my mom made 'fried apple pies'...we actually thought this premade pie filling was rather bland...so next time I think I'll use frozen cherries and make my own...or else use apples... :)
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete
  2. How cute! And tasty, too, of course!

    ReplyDelete