Friday, September 07, 2018

...Friday Favorites...

...I mentioned in a previous post that I was loving this rice and tomato combo...and then Shaheen posted her couscous and tomatoes...and I thought that looked delicious as well...

...I had not really ever had that...I mean...Mom used to make 'Spanish Rice' when we were little...just her homegrown canned tomatoes and some peppers and onions...

...and as I was checking out at the grocery store the other day...the clerk rang up my canned diced tomatoes...and she said..."Oh...I love to pour these over rice..."
...I didn't pour the canned ones over rice though...as I had fresh ones...tommy-toes we used to call them when I was little...

...just halved over some leftover rice...yes...it's a mixture of white and brown...my boys are not fans of brown rice...haha...so I usually cook both kinds...
...I don't cook the tomatoes...I just stir them into the hot rice...

...again...I find that simple food is so...so good...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, simple is usually best! Just a bit of salt and maybe some olive oil. Looks yummy! Love, K

    ReplyDelete