Wednesday, September 19, 2018

...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...work progresses on the Circular Yoke Summer Shirt...

...I've finished the 18 rows of straight knitting and am about to start the increases...

...but I've also started another N.O.A.H. project...
...in the yarn closet there was this bag of yarn and some unfinished pieces of crochet and one of knitting...
...and there was this note..."Donated to the Prayer Shawl N.O.A.H. by Barbara..."
...now Barbara was the great grandmother of a young man in our Parish...so I cast on for a simple afghan using her yarn and pieces for him...not sure if he ever knew his great grandmother...but I thought it might be nice for him to have something that she made...

...I'm just knitting with the white and cream coloured yarn from the bag alternating rows...and adding in a few random stitches of the coloured yarn...some of which matches the pieces she crocheted...much like I did for the Green Afghan...and picking up stitches and knitting around her pieces...of which there are 5...and I'm just going to randomly place them in the white part of the afghan...

...and then I'll do a border...probably not granny squares but some sort of crochet...we'll see when we get the main part of the afghan done...because the border will need flecks of the other colours as well...

...so...now my goal is two rows of the afghan...and two rows of the Circular Shirt...

...what's in your workbasket?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maureen,
    You know me...I hope everyone has a connection to their past and their family...
    ~Affectioknit-ly,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete