Thursday, November 15, 2018

...W.I.A.Y. ...

...breakfast was a bowl of cereal topped with fruit...
...I got some frozen blueberries out and chopped up an apple...and had vanilla almond milk over it all...
...for lunch I had some leftovers I wanted to use up...squash casserole, peas and mashed potatoes...but didn't have any vegan protein handy...so I just rehydrated some TVP burger...it was all good...I kindof like leftovers...do you?...

...in the afternoon I had a banana with some peanut butter...but apparently didn't take a photo...
...my British friends are always raving about "Brown Sauce"...we don't have this kind of sauce over here...so we ordered some from Amazon...do you see the price stamped on the front...not $...£...
...and what better to try it on than grilled tofu...right?...served with peas and spinach, a baked potato and a salad...
...I liked it ok...but I prefer both A1 and Heinz 57 to HP sauce...probably just what I'm used to...I thought the HP sauce was spicy in a different way from Heinz 57 but mustard-y like 57 and a little bit clove-y...

...have you ever tried brown sauce?...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

7 comments:

  1. We're getting ready to depart tomorrow morning! We had leftovers, just trying to clean up the fridge a bit! Just waiting on this nasty weather to get past us. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both your lunch and supper. The baked potato looks so perfect!
    Last time I went to London I brought HP sauce... and then I realised that I can buy it at my grocery store!!!!
    Yesterday we had tomato and fennel soup ans tofish'& chips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ephée,
      ...I've never seen it in the stores here...did you like it?...I could get used to it but it's definitely a little bit different...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete
  3. I love brown sauce, I eat it with baked beans and sausages. I've just discovered a new vegan sausage which is delicious. Linda McCartney vegetarian sausage but as they tell us 'suitable for vegans'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen,
      I'm pretty sure you're one of British friends who recommended it... :) ...I'll have to look for the Linda McCartney sausages...I just got her daughter's cookbook from the library...so sweet...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the 1 side the blanket is created of Sherpa and the other resembles mink which is comparable to the habitual fleece. More information about best weighted blankets on www.familycookware.com.

    ReplyDelete