Monday, March 02, 2020

...3.2...Over the Weekend...

...I created a new pattern for the Porch Pillow Project for March...

...I'm having a lot of fun with that little project...starting my 4th pillow (remember I've already done October's pillow...haha)...and I'm pretty happy with this month's pattern...
...of course...I did the big weekly vegan shop...and that's always sort of fun for me...I definitely don't see it as a chore...
...so let's see what there is new and different this week...well...let's start off with a mistake...I thought those little new potatoes were so cute...and tossed them into the cart without reading the label...bad vegan...
...I definitely would not have bought them if I had...but as it is...I'll just toss the little flavour packet and make steamed new potatoes...which is what I thought I was buying in the first place...
...also of note...these white and black bean chips...
...and these super sweet and delicious tomatoes...it's definitely not tomato season and these are so good...
...that I had to whip up a quick batch of vegan mayo...
...just so I could use some of these little tomatoes to make a tomato sammie...
...it was delicious...and all the better for being out of season...
...proving that the mater sammie is out of place...we had a fire in the fireplace as it was quite chilly...
...and the Man made a big pot of vegetable soup...that sure hit the spot...
...and I made a pan of vegan cornbread to go with it...
...then I boiled the dish towels for the week in baking soda and water for a bit before I washed them in the washer...it really helps to keep them pretty and white...
...and then I thought I'd try my hand at making apple cider vinegar...I usually buy the organic kind that has the mother in it...
...so I just strained out some of the mother...and added it to a quart jar filled with water and about half filled with chopped apples...I'll leave it covered with cloth on the counter for a few weeks and we'll see how it turns out...

...have you ever made vinegar before?...what process did you use?...how long...etc?...
...and then I portioned the leftover soup into muffin cups ready for the freezer...there was a lot leftover and it will be nice to just be able to heat it up later...
...and finally...the Man and I had a date lunch after Church...that's always a fun way to end a weekend...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy and colorful food, as always. Love the cute pick of you (I'm assuming the Man took that!) Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. This porch pillow project is totally awesome!
    Love food shopping too... For me it's a treat!
    Your tomato sandwich is so tempting!!!!! There is no good tomatoes up here!
    The last picture is soooo cute!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete