Thursday, March 12, 2020

...3.12...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...started the morning with some Cheerios (actually organic toasted oats...I just generically call them Cheerios) topped with banana...
...and almond milk...
...I had some carrots for a morning snack...that's the last of the multi coloured carrots...
...for lunch I cooked a big sweet potato in the George Foreman grill...
...the little caramelized grill marks are my favorite...
...and then I just opened up a can of these Sicilian style great northerns...so that was easie-peasie...
...and I also had some sauerkraut...the dregs for this jar...and some of the collards from over the weekend...
...for dinner I made a fancy pear/walnut/spinach/romaine salad...
...and some tempeh...
...which I boiled for a few minutes...that may be old-school and unnecessary...
...and then out it went onto the grill...
...and while it was cooking I gathered everything to make a traditional potato salad...
...and then my sister-in-law used to make this pea salad...

Vegan Classic Pea Salad

Frozen Peas
Vegan Mayonnaise
finely chopped onion
grated vegan cheddar cheeze
...it's super simple...and we often had it at picnics when we were both newlyweds...just combine all the ingredients in a bowl...
...but I didn't have any veggie shreds...so I just made some from a couple of slices of vegan cheese...I lightly floured the top so that I could stack it up and slice it into shreds without it sticking together...not enough to be able to taste though...
...so there are my 'shreds'...
...just mix them into the peas and onions...
...add some vegan mayo...
...and that's it...perfect picnic food...
...so when the tempeh was thoroughly smoked...I brought it inside...
...slathered it in BBQ sauce...and baked it in the oven for a bit...
...and that was a hearty dinner...we also had some vegetarian baked beans...so all of the components of a picnic...just inside at the table...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pretty colored carrots!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete