Friday, May 08, 2020

...Friday Favorites...and a definite UN-Favorite...

...let's start with the bad news first...
...well...after I picked out the stitches for the 'afterthought' heel...and knit that in red...I tried on the sock...well...I tried to try on the sock...but it was so tight that I couldn't get it over my heel...YIKES!!!...that's never happened before...I'm not a crazy tight knitter...and there seemed to be plenty of stitches...but I'm not used to doing colour changes on a sock (nor in the round for that matter) ...and obviously...I should have tried it on BEFORE NOW!!!

...so I checked Ravelry...and I'm actually not the only person who has had this problem...one person even added a thumb gusset where they heel was and turned hers into mitts...pretty ingenious...but I'm definitely not doing that...
...so...now...the Un-favorite part...Frogging...(not that that would be anyone's favorite)...
...so all unraveled...and I've started over...I just added more of the navy stitches in between the cacti...as I thought that would be the easiest way to add some space...

...onwards...
...the Man ordered this Pullman Bread Pan...to make sandwich bread...
...so...I got out my sweet sissie's sandwich bread recipe...
...and all the ingredients...
...mixed up the wet...
...and added to the dry...
...after kneading in the bowl...
...after the first rise...
...and into the new pan...I'm a newbie to this...but it doesn't look like enough dough...
...it baked up beautifully...but definitely not enough dough...next time I'll make 1 1/2 times the recipe...
...still...it's a splendid loaf of bread...
...and so delicious warm from the oven...not quite the right shape for sandwiches...but we'll definitely eat it up...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. I managed the German short row heels and I now know what not to do as well. I will fix my issues with needle and thread to close up the holes in the corners. I missed doing a plain row between the 2 sets of short rows. Guess it's there to anchor the ends of the short rows. It's a learning process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, I've never heard of a pan like that but will look into it. And sorry about your sock troubles.....love, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like to use my small (short) bread pans. I bought them 2nd hand and they look as old as the hills with rips down the side, lol. But when I use them I get a proper loaf albeit on the small side. Your pan looks rather large so I can see you do need more dough. I'm sure the bread was tasty and you can use it for sandwiches though I know when my bread isn't very high it is hard to have a proper sandwich with it. Enjoy more bread making.

    ReplyDelete