Friday, April 22, 2022

...4.22...Friday Update...

...Our Jack-Jack had to go to the vet...so we stopped and got sub sammies...and took him up to our favorite little state park as a special after-dr. treat...
...a gorgeous spring day...our weather continues to fluctuate considerably from really chilly 30s (zero-ish C) to almost 80 (mid 20s C)...crazy...
...just meandering along the paths...slowly for Jack's sake...although the vet did say he's about the healthiest almost 17 year old dog she's seen...(not that she sees many of them...haha)...
...the trees are beginning to leaf out...
...but the star of the show today is these azaleas...
...different colours are planted around each of the cabins...they are just gorgeous...
...and the non-plussed ducks...didn't even get up from their nap when we walked past...it was a lovely lunchtime...
...on the puzzle front...only pinks and yellows remain...we'll probably finish it this weekend...
...and the Read Harder update...I've finished Sherlock Holmes...and I LOVED it...but I knew that I would...
photo credit Abe's Books..
...now I wanted to read Chaucer's Canterbury Tales in a gorgeous illuminated tome...but of course the local library does not possess such...
...but they do have this one...illustrated by Rockwell Kent...and 'translated' into Modern English by J.U. Nicholson...
...and I really am enjoying it...I wanted to read the old English version...but thought that would take me quite a while...I remember reading Beowolf in high school...with the old and modern English on facing pages...so maybe a Canterbury Tales version like that would be good...but I do like this translation...
...and the illustrations give it a 70's vibe somehow...I love them...

...about the book itself...I'm a little over half way...and I've also watched a few lectures about the book on YouTube...and they're pretty fascinating...both the book itself and Chaucer's life...I've of course read excerpts from the C.T. both in high school and college...but never just sat and read the entire book...

...what have you been reading lately?...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Nice walk and pretty environment. I can't believe Jack Jack is that old! Wow how time flies! I haven't ever read CT....I might try it but it's pretty far out of the norm for me. I'm reading a Stephen King book - Billy Summers. It's not spooky at all yet, don't know if it will get creepy like most of his books. So far it's just about a guy that's going to be paid to assassinate someone. One of those books that you're hooked after the first couple of paragraphs. Something about the most talented writers makes that happen! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yeah he's getting up there in years...Champagne was 17 1/2..and he'll be 17 on his birthday in July...I'm not a king fan...and I've got a horror book coming up on my read harder list that I've not chosen yet...because I can't find one that's not too scary for me...haha...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. what a delightful outing!! Frodo loves to go to the park and walk, after he acts like he has never been there and has to sniff every blade of grass for the first half hour. Dogs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      ...we are so lucky to have this little state park so close by...Jack loves it for sure...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete