Friday, April 29, 2022

...4.29...Friday Update...Dolly is in the Box...

...this is one of those little "projects" that looks like it took a long time...but really did not...kind of like the Kitty-Cat Gift Bag Project...there are quite a few steps...but nothing too difficult or time consuming or requiring special equipment...and I had everything on hand and even recycled a box...
...remember back in February when I saved the box that my Valentine's Day flowers came in...JUST because I thought it would be a perfect size box for dolly...
...well...it is a really good size...just a bit too tall...
...so...I cut off the top and used that piece to trace the same outline onto the now shorter box...
...and it's a pretty good 'fit'...so I cut out a 'window'...so you can see dolly in the box...
...and it closes up nice and securely and the 'window' lets you see the dolly nicely...
...I wanted to put the 'Madame Alexander' logo on the box...so I peeled off a layer of the leftover box top...you know...so it would match perfectly...but in the end I don't think that mattered too much...haha...
...taped that to a regular sheet of paper so it would go through our old-old-old printer...haha...and printed out the logo...just from an image I'd found online...
...then I glued that to the top of the little window...and cut around it...
...so...now...I've got to deal with the FTD logos on the box...as I don't want those at all...I just covered them up with some black paper...
...and then I sanded the rough edges a little bit to make everything nice and smooth...
...lined the back...and the box was finished...
...and since dolls are usually secured in their boxes with some sort of long twist tie or tie wrap...I measured where her neck would be and punched a couple of holes for that...
...and got one of the Man's tie wraps out of his tool box...and threaded that through the holes...
...put dolly in and cinched it down around her neck...so now she's nice and secure in the box...
...I adjusted her clothes so the tie wrap doesn't show...and tucked her 'certificate' behind her...
...and here she is completely finished and ready for gifting...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that was a lot of craftiness to get the box to look so special! You're a gem. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey K,
    ...I'm really happy with how it turned out...it's special enough for the presentation...but will probably go the way of most cardboard....haha...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete