Monday, May 16, 2022

...5.16...Over the Weekend...

...we did a very small shop this week...because we're trying to get everything used up before we head out to New Mexico to see Our Airman...he has some training out there...just him no grandbabies this time...but we'll take just about any opportunity to see him...so we're going to fly out and spend evenings with him after he finishes his classes each day...we're really looking forward to it...
...and I've been dodging rain showers to ride my bike each day...we've been having mulitple ones...and I thought it was funny that these birdies did not try to get out of the rain...but seemed to be happily sitting there on the fence...or...maybe they're watching the back door to see if I'll put their bird feeders back up...
...the Man and I celebrated our anniversary...quietly at home...with a delicious dinner...I Griddler-ed some tofu onion and squash...
...and steamed some asparagus and red potatoes to go with it...it was just a nice quiet evening at home...
...we got quite a bit done on the puzzle...Mom had mentioned when she was here that she was surprised that I had time to work puzzles...haha...so I reminded her of Nanny Gladys' "five minute" saying...that you can accomplish a lot in 5 minutes...and there are a lot of 5 minutes in a day...and that's really how I work puzzles...it's pretty rare that I sit down for an hour of puzzle working...although I think that would be a delightful way to spend an hour...and she also mentioned that she'd never seen anyone separate the colours out the way I do...but I think I would spend a lot more time looking for a piece if I didn't have them separated...I sometimes put them in the wrong group...like if they have purple and orange...and I think I need a purple piece...it might take me a while of looking at purple before I finally look at the orange ones...haha...
...so here's the progress so far...oh there's a lot of glare there...
...so here's a different angle...this is a fun puzzle...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. There ARE a lot of 5 minutes in a day! I love that way of looking at things! Slow and steady wins the race!

    ReplyDelete