Thursday, May 19, 2022

...5.19...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...breakfast was a Vegan Probiotic Biscuit...from the freezer...with a lentil sausage pattie...also from the freezer...it was quick and easy...
...for a mid-morning snack I had an apple and some walnuts...and tea...not pictured...
...for lunch I 'griddler-ed' some broccoli...
...and had a BUNCH of veggies...a big bowl of spinach...a deconstructed salad with orange and some more walnuts...and the last of the fresh pineapple...
...and for dinner we were going to have leftover pintos...and I thought I'd just make some 'hoe-cakes' instead of baking cornbread in the oven...it's a lot quicker...just mix up a cornbread batter like you would for baked cornbread...
...and then cook it in a skillet like a pancake...
...and I fried a big pan of cabbage to go with it...
...these are the finished hoe-cakes...
...the texture is a little bit different...and the crust is not quite as crispy...but still light and fluffy on the inside...
...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Can't do cabbage. I had terrible stomach cramps and couldn't get out of the bathroom last time I had cooked cabbage, but the rest sounds pretty good. Though I never heard of a hoe-cake before. I've never tried any special diets, but wish you luck with yours. Popped in from a mutual friends blog, it's always fun to meet new bloggers.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cabbage!! Especially in soup and yet I never ate that as a child. I love veggies the more the merrier.

    ReplyDelete