Monday, February 12, 2024

...2.12...Over the Weekend...

...I did the weekly grocery shopping...
...not a lot this week...I needed an anniversary card for a sweet couple in Okinawa...and I got a new bunch of celery...
...because I only had these two rather limp stalks of celery left from the old bunch...
...and not wanting even that to go to waste...I cut it up and made a nice vegan cream of celery soup...
...I like celery soup...and we don't have it often at all...
...on the food prep front...I made a batch of lentil stew...just lentils onions carrots and celery...so simple and so good...
...it's so warm here...that we were able to put all of the house plants outside for a while...it's chilly and rainy again today though...
...we dug up our one remaining dahlia and potted it as we've 'lost' the other two...no trace of them...it's so odd...
...and we gave all of the lavender plants a little haircut...
...and I gathered the cuttings into little bunches...
...and hung them in all of our bathrooms...they smell just heavenly...
...and this is a (somewhat) humorous story...we went to Lowe's to get a hook and eye to replace the dingy cord hanging down from our attic steps...and the Man said we should get a washer for it...and I said that I did'nt want to buy another whole box of washers as we already have at least three boxes in the garage...and I was sure that one of them would fit...so we didn't buy the washers...you know where this story is headed...right?...
...well...of course when we got home...NONE of the washers would fit over the fat screw of the eye...so I clamped one of the washers that we already had to a piece of scrap wood and drilled it out large enough for the eye/screw to fit into...
...it was a little more trouble than I would have wanted...but I'm happy to have a single working washer...and not another whole box of big washers that we'll never use up...
...we also got a dowel rod...and the Man screwed the hook into that...
...so we mounted the eye in the hole left by the cord...
...and we'll just keep the dowel/hook thingy in the closet of the bedroom closest to the attic stairs...so handy and much cleaner looking...
...see what I mean about the cord...who would want that hanging down from the ceiling all the time...
...instead of backgammon...we've switched to dominoes...Mom gave us a nicer bigger set...and I need to find them...it's a fun game...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. Good idea about the dowel and hook for the Attic stairs. Ours has a handle but it's just out of reach for me. And concerning your lost tubers, the squirrels always dug up and ate ours. Not a trace was left. Love, K

    ReplyDelete