Monday, February 19, 2024

...2.19...Over the Weekend...

...the Amarylis that Mom gave us for Christmas bloomed just in time for her to see it in its glory...
...I had grocery shopped before Mom came...I wanted to get some chips and things for dinner with her...and you've already seen the mixed veg and tater tot casserole and the sort of failed fruit cocktail jello...
...I just used Gardein crumbles...but since I knew I'd be using them up...I was going to replace them...but when I saw this price...$15.99 for Beyond...I changed my mind...yikes...
...Mom brought some goodies with her...the silver bag has some orange flavored tea...and the Animal cookies are store brand and accidently vegan...and those candied orange slice are so so good...they're addictive...
...we spent Saturday touring the Botanical Gardens...it was a lot of fun...and a lot of walking and talking...then we went to a really neat little book shop...all the books are used...I wished I'd taken a photo...it was just a perfect book shop...but we got there right before closing time...so we didn't have much time to browse...

...and after wandering around 'downtown' for a bit...we went to the Goodwill...and it's an Outlet one...if you've never been it's a bunch of tables with a bunch of stuff on them...just a big jumble with everyone going through the items and taking what they want...it was so much fun rummaging around...Mom and I both got a couple of things...
...I actually needed some new pajamas...as my old old (like 25 year old) Black Watch flannels that the Man gave me way back when we lived in BG...are finally wearing so thin that they're about to get holes in them...that was some tough fabric and I got a lot of use out of them...and these 'new' ones are really soft and warm...I washed them in hot hot water when I got home...and then wore them to bed Saturday night...it's so fun to have new jammies...
...and then in the jumble I found this single Frozen bed sheet...so I got it to send to my grandbabes...but when I got home...the Man said I couldn't just send one...and suggested that I cut it up and make pillowcases for both of them...and I think that's a great idea...I think I'll send them for little Easter gifties...

...and you pay for your items by the pound...my total was $3.44...crazy...
...and then on the way home we picked up Chinese takeout for dinner...Garlic Tofu and white rice...
...it was such a perfect ending to a perfect day spent visiting with Mom...I hope she can come again very soon...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. That does look like a perfect visit with perfect folks :-) Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Blogger allowes me to comment again!!!! This amarylis is so beautiful! I'd love to find animal cookies like that for my (adult!) kids. Making pillow cases is a brillant idea. Your grand daughters will love them for sure!

    ReplyDelete