Saturday, February 24, 2024

...2.24...Dinner and a Movie...and comments...

...first of all...posting my comments to blog friends here...

...to my sweet sissie Karen who blogs from her boat at McCraw Sails...Hey K...Low Water is a funny place to park a boat...haha...the rocky shoreline is pretty...and so is all your sea glass...I've had some short little bananas but I think they were called finger bananas not donkeys...but I love the name donkey banana too...Love, T

...to karen from Pumpkin Sunrise...Hi Karen...your baby blanket is so pretty...it looks so soft...and your daffodils will be blooming so soon...

...to Éphée from L'éphémère quotidienneté des repas et autres trucs de magie...Hi Éphée...that looks like an awesome way to make butternut squash...I'm always on the lookout for a good squash recipe...I love them so much...and your blue eyed pup is so sweet...

...to Penny from Snap That Penny...Hi Penny...your blue spring skies are just lovely...

...and on the reading front...I finished Martin Chuzzelwit...and I'm probably a third of the way through Barnaby Rudge...it's considered one of his 'less popular' novels...and I can sort of see why...it's pretty hard to get to know all of the characters...and it's a bit of work to keep them straight...but Dickens always has a lot of characters...and this one is an historical novel of the 'riots of eighty'...or the Gordon Riots of 1780...started out with burning Catholic churches and houses...if you're British you probably learn about it in history...there's also mention of the American Revolution...which happened just a few years earlier...
...for dinner...we got takeout from a local Mexican...I got a bean burrito and rice...
...and before the movie...we played a couple of games of Jenga...Our Airman loved this game when he was little...it's a little bit too stressful for me...haha...
...and then we made some popcorn...

...and the movie...the Man chose the Christmas episode of Death in Paradise...it was good...I like a good mystery...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. The books sound interesting. There's a new TV series in my area called Elsbeth. I just started watching it and got part way through the first episode. It looks like it will be a good one. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey we're watching the Atlanta series still....it's weird but we keep watching it anyway!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete