Saturday, July 18, 2026

...7.18...Dinner and no Movie...

...it's definitely been a while since we've had brinner...right?...
...so I mixed up some besan omelette...there's a pot of grits in the background there too...
...to make the omelette you just pour it into the pan and flip it like a pancake...for a fluffy soft omelette...
...but I prefer mine much more well done than that...so I sort of scrambled it up...
...then I topped it with some vegan bacos...
...and some vegan cheese...
...and piled a bunch of grits onto my plate...and covered them with vegan butter...oh and toast of course...

...all so delicious...I do love brinner...

...and the reason there was no movie was because we spent a couple of hours talking to the kiddos and grandbabes...we were sitting out on the piazza (upstairs porch) when they called...and we spent about an hour talking to the girls and then a nice long chat with Our Airman...

...I finished reading Love in the Time of Cholera...basically a romance novel...not my favorite...but I kindof get why people like it...and I had read One Hundred Years of Solitude already so I was sort of familiar with his style of writing...it waffles back and forth in time quite a bit too...

...there is a movie version as well...but I didn't think I'd bother as books are usually better than movies...haha...

...for my next book, I have A Town Like Alice on hold at the library so we'll probably pick that up tomorrow on our errund run...it's based on true events...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely weekend! ...but what have you been watching lately?...

1 comment:

  1. Haha,we're still watching Murdoch Mysteries and For All Mankind....kind of a broken record....we also often watch Youtube videos from Topo Traveler - a nice young man who hikes mountain trails and talks a lot about the history and geology of the hikes he's doing. Beautiful scenery of course. Love, K

    ReplyDelete