Wednesday, July 22, 2026

...7.22...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...we had gotten some bad news from our granddaughter last week...
...her beloved guinea pig "Pickles" had passed away...and she was so sad about it...she wanted her Dad to send me a text with a photo of the grave right away...and when we expressed our sorrow and condolences he sent me a sweet text..."I think she's doing ok, no pressure at all, but she did mention she's going to ask you to make a stuffy of Pickles I'm sure you'll hear about that next time we call"...

...so of course I dropped EVERYTHING...and got started on the Pickles stuffy right away...
...trying to copy Pickles' sweet little face...with her tiny little white blaze on her nose and her little tuft of white mixed with the teeniest bit of brown at the crown of her head...
...to make that fluffy little tuft of hair...I'm using the same technique that I used for the blue dolly wig...cutting strands of yarn that I'll knot around the stitches of the same colour and comb into fluff...
...so I ironed those flat...
...and tied them in place...I'll trim them a bit later...I also embroidered her nose and mouth...
...a side view of the forehead tufts...
...and then I used some invisible thread to make her little whiskers...
...and trimmed and combed her forehead tufts...
...then I crocheted and stuffed her body...
...and made her ears and her little trotters...
...got those lined up...
...and sewed in place...
....and now she can stand up on her own...
...front view...her little eyes are 'rabbit' eyes...they're oval...
...fron the top...
...and front...
...all finished and already on her way to Alaska...

...if you find you need (or want) to make a guinea pig stuffy...this is the adorable amigurumi pattern that I (sort of) followed...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, so sweet! Hope it helps her with the little life lesson. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry she lost her beloved Pickles, I love how you creatively created a stuffie for her.

    ReplyDelete