...y'all have already seen the pre-birthday dinner at the Mexican restaurant on the weekend...and you knew that the Man had added a few specific things to the grocery list...because he was going to make me a special birthday dinner...
...since it was supposed to be a surprise (although I knew the ingredients - haha)...I asked him to take a few photos for y'all...the zucchini is from our garden and the peppers and eggplant are from Saturday's shopping...
...I'm pretty sure this is a sofritto of onions, carrots and celery...in olive oil...
...the rigatoni we got at Aldi...
...then it looks like he added all the veg to the pot...
...and then a bunch of tomato...he always uses the organic Cento San Marzano tomatoes in his sauces...and it looks like there's oregano there too...
...pretty sure the noodles were cooked separately and then added to the ragu...
...crunchy bread and a generous sprinkling of my almond parmesan...and a salad on the side...
...it was a delicious birthday dinner...
...what delicious food have you been eating lately?
~Have a lovely day!
Thursday, July 30, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Awww, so sweet! Looks delicious! Love, K
ReplyDelete