Friday, February 05, 2010

The Green Room - repairs

We had a huge hole to patch in one wall of Scout's room (sorry I didn't take a before picture) - Mom and Karen will remember what it looks like - because it was exactly like the hole I kicked in my bedroom wall doing gymnastics on the bed - ha!

So I filled in the hole and then realized that I didn't have any of the textured paint that was used on the walls - so I improvised, of course - I painted the spackling with primer and then I just rubbed on some of the sand left over from the big pyramid project - let that dry and then painted on another coat of primer...'s a pretty good match - and no more hole in the wall - YAY!


  1. yep, that's a pretty good match. we've had to patch a few holes too - but we don't have any texture except on the ceilings.

    love, k

  2. I love your spirit of "make do" (sand idea) :-) Have a great weekend.

  3. Very creative, looks perfect.

  4. Do I need to tell you that you are the Repair Queen and my hero... I have fixed a few things rather than throwing them away thanks to your inspiration.