Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wash Wednesday

...I loved reading all the things that make y'all happy too...

...my list could have gone on and on...and included some pretty trivial things too...

...like my clothesline - it makes me happy...

...it's still getting almost daily use...

...I love that thing...

...I've painted it the colours of our old Ford 8N tractor (y'all had already seen me priming it)...

...first, I painted the grey on with a brush...

...then I masked off the area that would be red...

...and spray painted that part - one of the reasons this project took so long was that it's been too windy here for spray painting - and it was still pretty windy the day we painted - so we waited until things calmed down a bit in the evening...

...and I'm really tickled with the result...

7 comments:

  1. I love my clothes line.
    It's heavy cotton strings between two trees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! There is something so great about a good clothesline. I bet everything smells so fresh and feels crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. alright - you're making me feel less "green"...i don't have one. i confess to drying all my clothes in the dryer.

    but i do use the same towel for weeks on end...

    i wear clothes more than once if i didn't get smelly in them....

    and i NEVER use hot water to wash....

    does that let me by a bit???

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love my clothes line, although yours is pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love your clothesline! I bet your clothes dry in minutes in wind like that. ;) Peace, Angela (Peach Coglo)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks just tickety boo!

    Feeling a touch gloomy! I was given some lovely curtain fabric, big repeat pattern. I thought I'd been SO careful but - I expect you can guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so like my clothes line too! So glad you have one of your own to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete