Saturday, March 12, 2011

Confirmation Retreat...

...we took our Youth on retreat...

...they wore their new red shirts...

...it always amazes me how well the counselors know their youth...the menus are always tween/teen approved...

...the first night they (I always bring my own food of course) had banana splits served from a trough...what messy fun...

...they must be delicious served that way though because practically everyone went back for seconds...I had a banana with some chocolate and strawberrys - YUM!...

...then they divided the kids into small groups so they could get to know each other a little bit...

...Scout is trying to get an Oreo cookie from his forehead into his mouth without using his hands...

...the next group had to stack 7 pop cans (that's Coke cans to you southerners) and then shoot the stack with a rubber band...only one accomplished this feat...

...then the next group had to put together a puzzle made from the front of a box of cereal - each one had a different puzzle...and no one made it in time...

...the next one was really funny - they called it the booty-bop - there was this box full of jingle bells - with a slit in it - attached to a belt - they had to put the belt on and then bounce and bop until all the jingle bells fell out - several of them accomplished this and it was hilarious to watch...

...did I mention that they had only 60 seconds for each 'feat' and a neat display timer...

...there were small group sessions...

...each in a different area of the lodge...

...and plenty of carpet ball...

...and a funny sign - sorry it's so dark...

...the boys stayed in a cabin - Scout said that it was a lot warmer than the igloo...

...I stayed with the girls in the same room we stayed in last year - the Denim Daze Room and since I already posted about it last year I won't do that again...

...we all had a lot of fun and not much sleep...I'm always amazed and inspired by the counselors and the interaction with other youth directors and pastors and I come away with lots of new ideas for our own youth group...

...I accomplished a lot of knitting on my Amity so I'll show you that tomorrow...

...PS...the blizzard wasn't that bad - just about 5 more inches of snow - and some more huge drifts - and a piece of siding blew off the Church...

2 comments:

  1. It all looks a lot of fun.

    Scout is becoming quite a young man. I remember so well my children reaching this stage in their lives. One day I looked and was taken aback by how grown up they looked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey,glad you had fun! just back from myrtle beach

    love, k

    ReplyDelete