Sunday, July 24, 2011

...Boy Scout Sock Update...

...sock #1 is complete...

...I had definitely intended to have these finished before Camp Wilderness...but alas...I do not...

...so they'll be my at camp project...and maybe I'll have them finished before I leave...and wear them!...

...last year's Wilderness project here...


...but back to the Scout socks...these are knee socks...my first ever...and just an adaptation of my Super Simple Worsted Weight Socks...and I wanted to make sure that they'd stay up well...so I'm adding a few rows of elastic thread around the top...

...probably not necessary as they are ribbed all the way up...and I thought about making the top band long enough to turn down over flashes (trust me you don't want to do a search on Scout flashes)...but the socks were pretty thick already and you can't find the flashes anymore...


image credit

...I had a set of gold ones with my Girl Scout uniform...we wore knee socks and flashes back in the day...


...one finished knee high sock...it also has the 'princess sole'...

...the back...showing the increases...

...sock #2 on the needles...

...front view of Sock #1...

...side view...

...back view...Oh no!...there are a couple of holes visible on the increases...I wonder why...I'll have to try to tighten those up a bit...

...it is nice and snug...and very warm...

2 comments:

  1. those look super cozy! love 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you socks and the back in the day photo. How do you tighten up holes.

    ReplyDelete