Tuesday, July 19, 2011

...Scout's Trunk...


...this is the awesome trunk that Scout got at the 'Clean-Out-The-Scout-Closet' day...

...we know that it once belonged to this lady...we did a search and found some geneology information...but we can't be certain it's the same person...

...but we know that she traveled with the Swedish American Lines...

...I wish that the entire label were still there...

...Scout has big plans to strip and repaint the trunk...I'm sure he can do it and do a good job...maybe on some long winter nights...

...it looks like there's another label on the front that's been painted over...I'll let you know if we find out any more information about the trunk...people have been 'storing' things in the Scout closet for over 50 years...so there's no telling who put the trunk there or which scout's family it came from...but I bet there's a connection somewhere...

5 comments:

  1. I love, love old trunks! I have an old leather one that I 'rescued' from the dump that is my favorite. How neat to find one with travel stickers...very cool. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That trunk is fantastic. He scored a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is cool!! perfect to take to summer camps too.

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool trunk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - that is a great trunk!

    ReplyDelete