Saturday, July 23, 2011

...Deck Chairs for $1...

...I was at the lumber store...which is right next door to the Second Chance store...

...and I spied these chairs from the road...they match my deck chairs...seen here...

...and I thought that they'd be perfect to bring out when we have a few extra guests...

...so I stopped to look at them...and guess what...they were $1 each...so I opened them up and they appeared to work just fine...the seat bases on both were ripped on one side...

...so I got them home and maneuvered them into my sewing machine and tried to patch the torn place with the bottoms of some of Scout's cut off trousers...then I sat on them and thought that it worked fine...but I also thought that if a very heavy person sat on them...they might tear again as the fabric didn't seem that strong...

...so...I got out some tan material I had in the stash...and sewed a tube...

...I hemmed the front...and slid it over the frame...

...and sat on it again...I'm pretty sure this will be strong enough...

...but I wasn't quite happy with the ragged front that was still visible beneath the pad...

...so...I just stitched the bottom of the tube closed and slid it back on the frame...

...now it's nice and neat looking...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I love your inventiveness and "can do" attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful buy for the chairs. I love your patio table and chairs and how you've "fixed" the new to you ones.

    ReplyDelete