Monday, March 20, 2017

...Grandma 101...

...MY GRANDMA IS 101 YEARS OLD...

...this photo is not from today...CRAZY...I know...I drove up this morning (alone...Scout, of course, was at Uni...and the Man was busy with meetings at Church) to visit with Grandma...we had a really nice visit...she showed me all of her Birthday cards and we chatted about each person that sent one...and/or came for her party yesterday...maybe Mom will post some photos from that...and then we looked at all the photos on her wall...and talked about all of those people...anywhoo...I totally forgot to take a photo...so...I'll just have my 'mental photos' to remember this visit...(have y'all seen that episode of The Office...I think it's the wedding one)...
...so then I went over to Mom's for lunch...and to redeem myself...I took a selfie with Mom...and we had such a laugh about it...because I totally do NOT take selfies....so I'm really bad at it...I took about 20...
...when I was growing up...this pond was in our horse pasture...and just about every year a big blue heron would come here and land on his migration...this is probably not the same one...but still I was so happy to see him there...

...and then I left Mom's and visited with an old friend...I took a selfie and I may come back and post it after I ask her if it's ok...it was a better one...haha...

...we were pregnant together...and her son is Scout's oldest friend...as they met the day he was born...

...we spent the afternoon walking along the bike path just catching up...old friends are the BEST...

...and then I stopped by the Man's childhood home to visit with his Mom...we had a nice visit too...it's so strange for me to be there without the rest of my family...

HAPPY 1st DAY of SPRING...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Grandma looks very good for 101 and how wonderful you have had her with you all this time. It's great you got a selfie with your mom too. I realize now that my mom and I do not have too many photos together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy spring to you also!! it is such a pretty day. i like your selfie with mom!! glad you had a nice visit.

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Grandma; may you celebrate them all in good health and happiness!
    BTW, those are great pictures of you, Teresa; well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day visiting with family. 101, how splendid, born during WWI.

    ReplyDelete