Friday, January 18, 2019

...Food PREP Friday...

...in no particular order...we did a BUNCH of food prep...
...we washed some greens...
...they were dirty....more sandy than dirty...
...and cooked them in the Instant Pot...
...washed an eggplant...
...and sliced it...
...really thin...
...and par-baked it for the eggplant rollups...I really am going to make them this time...
...like my sissie...I baked a big poufy loaf of bread...
...bread baking is a pretty hands off project...as most of the time is just wati
...I made some almond milk...just almonds and water...
...then I took the leftover pulp...
...and added some of my probiotic yogurt...
...stirred that in...and set it aside...
...covered for the probiotic to work it's magic...
...added some vanilla and a little bit of maple syrup to the milk...
...and mixed that up...
...and pout it into my milk jar...
...I made some vegan mayo...
...just a cup is about the right amount for us to use up before it goes bad...
...prepped some mushrooms...
...the Julia Child way...for the freezer...
...and I cut up a butternut squash...
...and baked it along with the seeds...the seeds get done first.....and that's just perfect because then you can snack on them...
...after it was baked to the point of softness that allowed me to peel them easily...I pulled the skin off the slices...
...and then diced them up...
...and sprinkled with salt and pepper...my new favorite way to eat butternut...
...popped them back in the oven along with some tofu...
...then the tofu was crispy and one...I put it into a couple of jars to go i
...and then the squash had reached carmelized perfection...
...it's hard not to just eat it up out of hand...
...several hours later the almond cream cheese had reached the right amount of 'sourness'...and was also ready for the fridge...

...what have you prepped lately?...

~Have a lovely day!

6 comments:

  1. That is a lot of food prep! Your bread looks better than mine....what is your secret? Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...I really do have a secret...add a spoonful of Vital Wheat Gluten...it really helps make a high rising fluffy bread...if that's your thang...some people prefer dense breads...not the Man though...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. I love a good prep day. I have a greengrocer in a van on Tuesdays and the afternoon is spent prepping what I've bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen,
      ...you're right...it always makes things go so much smoother later...to have done all the prep work beforehand...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete
  3. Having yummy food/ingredients prepared in advance is such a life saver! We chopped a bunch of fruit and made big pots of beans and rice this weekend for our week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth,
      ...I agree...it makes meals through the week so much easier to prepare...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete