Thursday, January 17, 2019

...W.I.A.Y. ...

...for breakfast...I had a pear...and some baked tofu with kala namak (egg-y tasting black salt)…
...and I cut a hole in the top of an orange...
...and sucked all the juice out...like we did when we were kids...or as Scout would say...like a vampire...and unlike when we were kids...I then tore open the fruit and ate the smashed orange sections...

...and the funny thing about Scout saying that is that when he was little and I told him about me and my brothers and sister eating them like that...he was never interested at all in eating an orange this way...and we thought it was a such a treat as kids...
...anywhooo...we're still trying to eat up all that fruit from Christmas...so for a snack...I got a handful of nuts out of the bowl...
...cracked them and ate them with an apple...
...and for lunch...even though I don't have anything like a vine-ripened tomato...I still wanted a tomato sandwich...
...so that's exactly what I had...with my homemade vegan mayo...
...that hit the spot...it was delicious and exactly what I wanted...
...afternoon snack was a cucumber and another one of those 'boughten' roma tomatoes...
...and for dinner...I had soaked some blackeyed peas...
...overnight...and then rinsed in clear water...
….and cooked in the Instant Pot...
...I froze about half of them...
...and made some collard greens...also in the Instant Pot...

...and then for some reason...forgot to take a photo at the dinner table...sorry about that...but we had them with the usual sides...cornbread...and potatoes...
...and before bed...I had a small bowl of leftover cornbread and almond milk...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment