Monday, January 28, 2019

...Over the Weekend...

...a bunch of randomness...most of it involving food...
...I made very good use of the oven...I baked a crispy loaf of French bread...
...roasted some veg...
...made some of our favorite Brownie Bites...
..baked some tofu...
...some scrambled...some thick slabs...and some thin slices...that I rubbed with liquid smoke...to use as vegan bacon...
...then when it was done...
...I sliced a buttercup squash in two...I loved these so much when we lived in North Dakota and they were cheap and abundant...they are neither here...but I always buy one when the appear in the local stores...
...baked it along with it's seeds...
...I've never had one bake like this...where the skin just kind of peeled itself off as it baked...but I liked the effect...
...the seeds were yummy...
...and the skin popped right off...
...on the non-food front...I repotted all my little apple trees...
...they were getting a little bit spindly...tucked into Douglas-the-avocado's pot...so I moved them all to a larger pot...
...and I'm just moving it around all day chasing the sunlight...
...in the afternoon it was above 50 degrees so I put them outside for a bit...
...I cooked up the last of the turnips we got a couple of weeks ago...
...so sweet and delicious...
...I made a big pot of Lasagna soup...using up some of the Ditalini noodles we still have instead of broken lasagna noodles...and I used cauliflower cream for the cream...so it's pretty much fat free...it was delicious...and I'm looking forward to the leftovers...
...I had some rather wilty celery that I didn't want to go to waste...so I cut it up...
...and bagged it up for the freezer...

...everything else was much the same...how was your weekend?...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

4 comments:

  1. I can't tell when the weekends are....but I'm sure mine was great!

    Good idea about the celery. We are having trouble finding fresh veg in the Bahamas, so when I find green peppers, I always chop up and freeze some. I bought tomatoes at $3 a pound which were unfortunately refrigerated....and a cucumber for $1.75. Tomorrow we leave south where we won't have anything fresh for about a month, so we stocked up with limes, onions and potatoes since they keep well.

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...I would have thought that fresh fruit and veg would abound there...sounds spendy though...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. Awesome food prep'!
    I think you are the only person I "know" who likes tofu as much as me!
    Yours always looks perfect!
    Glad to see those littles apple trees are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ephée,
    ...I do love my tofu...
    ~Affectioknit-ly,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete