Friday, January 08, 2021

...1.8.21...Friday Favorites...a Violife Cheese Review...

...a few of you have asked for a review of the vegan cheeses I got for Christmas...so this is a few of them so far...my vegan blogger friend Éphée even got some cheeses for Christmas too...
...this is the cream cheese...and I've had it on an everything bagel...and we used it to make a cream cheese icing for a cake too...it's creamy and delicious...a little bit sweet...and firmer than other commercial vegan cream cheeses that I've tried...I definitely recommend it...
...on to the vegan feta...it smells really funky...just like feta...it too is a little bit firmer than goat feta...at least what I remember of goat feta...but it's delicious crumbled on a greek salad...
...and then I also tried it on a cracker...
...because of it's firmness...it's easy to slice and put on a cracker...we topped it with some of that cranberry/orange relish we only seem to make at Christmas-time...even though we love it a lot...
...we've done a similar tidbit with cream cheese and pepper relish...but this was delicious...the pungent creamy cheese and the sweet and tangy relish...a definite repeat...
...now the vegan parmesan...it's packaged just like regular parm...it's nice and firm too...
...I sliced off a chunk for the grater...and it smells and feels just like parmesan...
...it grates up perfectly...and looks and smells just right...
...it adds just the right salty cheese-y flavor to spaghetti...
...and finally the vegan mozzarella...
...when I was vegetarian...I used to love having toast topped with just mozzarella for breakfast...with a nice mug of tea...
...and it's a pretty unadorned taste test too...I just put it under the broiler for a bit...until it got toasty and bubbly and browned a bit...
...and it's good too...the one thing is that it's creamier and less 'rubbery' than I remember mozzarella being...
...it does stretch and the flavor is right...I think it would be awesome on a pizza too...

...commercial vegan cheeses have improved a lot...A LOT...in the last 10 years or so...and I think these Violife ones are really good cruelty free cheeses...

...what do you think?...have you ever tried Violife Cheese...or other vegan cheeses?

~Have a lovely day!

7 comments:

  1. the parm cheese looks like a good one! You make me want to dip my toes into trying some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you get the Violife cheese? I want to tell Rich and Miranda about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...they have them at Food Lion now...so YAY!
      Love,
      T

      Delete
    2. Interesting! I'll tell them

      Delete
  3. I tried a few over Christmas, they were okay but not brilliant. My favourite is Sheese, Red Leicester (pronounced lester!). More and more are appearing in supermarkets and are improving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ;-)
    The parmesan looks perfect! This one i did not have. The mozz' is waiting for its perfect utilisation. Your toast might be the one! The cream cheese was not me favourite. I would buy it again but I prefer the Rawsome wich tastier and made only with a few ingredients. Remember those days where there was Daiya and nothing else? We are spoiled with awesome vegan cheeses now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finaly found the parmesan at the "regular" grocery shop. The texture is a little too humid, but the taste is really good! I like it!

      Delete