Wednesday, June 29, 2022

...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...I've been dyeing again...

...the Youth Group at Church was tie-dyeing their T-shirts to wear to Bible Camp this summer...and they invited anyone in the congregation to bring along something to dye with them...
...so I bought a new thick cotton white T-shirt to make Our Airman a new tie-dyed t-shirt...
...and twisted it up from the center...
...keeping everything nice and tucked in...
...until I had a nice tight spiral...
...then I bound it up securely with some rubber bands...and took it to the event in the shed at Church...
...and this is what it looked like the next morning...
...so I unwrapped it...
...and rinsed it out in the sink...several times...
..then gave it a bit of a wash with some dish soap...
...and this is what it looks like wet...
...and I hung it on the line to dry...

...and GUESS WHAT!...the Youth Director said that I could have all of the leftover dye bottles...to make some more shirts to send overseas...

...well...I didn't have those shirts...YET...

...I found one of Our Airmans old white T-shirts for The Airman's Wife...but for the little girls I didn't have anything...

...but like the Star Wars T-shirt...I had some of the Man's old White T-shirts that I could cut up...so that's what I did...
...I found this pattern for a Free Girls Raglan Tee...
...and got cuttin'...
...I cut out a size 2 for Little Sissie...and a size 4 for Big Sissie...and...I used the already hemmed edges anywhere I could...making this a super quick project...no hemming...yay!
...and I had plenty of the neckband to use for their shirts...
...just a few seams later (really a quick little project)...and here are the two white t-shirts...aren't they adorable...
...then I thought they might like to dress their dollies like themselves...so I downloaded this free pattern...and again...just a few seams...and I added velcro to the backs to make it easy for little hands to dress dollies...
...then I got the little tiny shirts wet...
...and the little girl ones too...
...twisted them up and banded them...
...the velcro probably won't take the dye very well...
...and dyed them with the leftover dye...the spiral may not work out quite as well because they are so small...
...but here are the little handmade shirts...
...and the whole family of tie-dyed shirts...they're so cute...I think they'll be perfect for Fourth of July festivities on the island...

...like Our Airman's Fireworks T-shirts from when he was little...
...and here's the little dollie (yet to be fixed) wearing one of the tiny shirts...
...then I needed to get them into the mail pretty quickly if they are going to arrive by the 4th...so I took an Amazon box and turned it inside out...it makes a perfect blank box for mailing that way...and you just have to glue the one tab...
...boxed all of the shirts up...
...filled out a customs form and sent it on it's way...
...then...frugal me...cut up the rest of the shirts into usable rags...
...but I still had a pile of scraps to throw away...just a much smaller pile...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. All those shirts are adorable!!!! Can't wait to see them all lined up with their colorful tees on. (and so frugal!) Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the tie-dye! They all turned out great. Not to mention, you will surely go down in the grandma hall of fame for including the sissies' little dollies in the tie-dye fun, too! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks Beth,
      ...I love doing tie-dye...and these were a lot of fun...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. I have never done tie dye before! Your shirts are perfection - I love the American doll shirt.

    ReplyDelete