Tuesday, March 19, 2024

...3.19...A trip home...

...another trip up the mountains...
...spring is definitely springing at the ancestral homeplace...
...and this is how Kitten greeted us...she looked up and blinked and then went right back to sleep...Mom spoils her so...
...and all this veg was spread out in Mom's kitchen...
...beautiful rainbow chard...
...and look at this gorgeous asparagus...it'll be the first fresh asparagus that I've had this spring...
...we headed up to the Church where I grew up...such a beautiful old country church...and so nostalgic for me...
...and my sweet aunt's funeral was too...seeing so many cousins that I'd not seen for years...and one old high school chum that I'd not seen since the day we graduated...
...back to Mom's for a scrumptious St. Patrick's Day meal...
...and the Man wanted to pick up another can of paint for the bathroom as he'd run out completely...so we stopped at a new to us deli for lunch...my veggie sammie was delish...
...and Mom's greens...
...and daffodils made the trip safely back to our house...and now they're perfuming my kitchen...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. funerals are bittersweet, It's sad to say goodbye but it's nice to see family. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete