Friday, November 03, 2006

An Un-cheese kinda day

I got the Uncheese Cookbook by Joanne Stepaniak in the mail today – I can’t wait to try some “uncheesy” recipes. With the cookbook – I ordered some Red Star Nutritional Yeast – I’d never had it before but I read about it on the Vegan Lunchbox - http://www.veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/ and wanted to give it a try. So for lunch today I wanted some “cheese grits” – being the southern girl that I really am at heart – I will never give up my grits. I made Jim Dandy grits and after they were cooked I added about 1 teaspoon of the RS Nutritional Yeast – a dash of paprika and a dash of pepper – no recipe really – I just wanted to experiment with the yeast and see how palatable it was. It was pretty good – not terribly cheesy, but nice. I can’t wait to try some of the proper recipes using the yeast now.

The Man-Cub is having a sleepover with 2 of his best friends tonight – so that should be tiring and then the last day of lefse making tomorrow from 8-12 – then I’ll take the boys to the sledding hill and see how the snow runs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment