Saturday, February 04, 2017

...Easy Homemade Date Sweetened Granola...

...so continuing with my sugar replacement...I thought I'd make some date sweetened granola...
...so I got out some oats...the date puree...and chopped up some pecans...
...and I couldn't resist just dipping some pecans in the date puree...so good...
...oh well...on to the granola...I just mixed up 1/2 cup of date puree...2 cups of oats...1 tsp. of cinnamon...and a half cup of chopped pecans...
...and gave it all a good mix...
...and spread it on a parchment lined sheet pan...baked it for 30 minutes at 300 F...gave it a stir and baked it for another 30 minutes...
...and it was done...dry and crumbly...and sweet and cinnamon-y...and my house smelled like a cookie shop...
...and then I put it into a Mason jar for storage...
...but it won't last long around here...I got it right back out...with an assortment of dried fruits...
...topped my granola with peaches...cranberries...and raisins...
...poured over some homemade almond milk...
...and it was delicious...

...what shuld I try to sweeten next?...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. i bet it would be good on sweet potatoes!!

    looks wonderful, healthy and fresh. love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you use no type of oil? I usually put some coconut oil in mine...this is much healthier and less calories..thanks again for another good tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't put in any oil...it still crisps up and browns nicely...and tastes just as sweet...

      ~Affectioknit-ly,

      Teresa

      Delete
  3. enjoyed this post...have had home made granola on my mind as well.

    ReplyDelete