Monday, December 12, 2022

...12.12...Over the Weekend...

...steaming waffles in the waffle iron...
...we started the weekend off with waffles...always good...
...I did the weekly shopping...of note...new-to-us plant based margarine...from Blue Bonnet...it's a little bit cheaper than Earth Balance...we'll see if it's as good...
...we went for a walk...and one of the ponds had this aerator that was making a rainbow pattern in the afternoon light...
...it was so pretty...
...and it shimmered and moved with us as we walked around that side of the pond...and disappeared when we turned the corner...
...this was the ornament that Mom gave me when they packed up Grandma's house...and I may have ruined it...
...it had some tree rosin on it...so using hot water and a mild soap...I washed that off the outside...and then...for some strange reason...I put a drop of soap on the inside and just held my finger over the top and gave it a little shake...DON'T EVER DO THAT WITH YOUR ANTIQUE ORNAMENTS...ARGHHHH...all of the silver washed off the inside...and I was left with basically a clear glass ornament...ARGHHH again...
...so I'm trying to recreate that mercury glass effect using some shiny metallic paint that we just happened to have...I like the way it looks...but I wish it was still original...oh well...it IS still an ornament from my Grandma...
...I made a vegan pie crust...
...baked it...
...and filled it with lemon pudding (it was instant...just made with almond milk)...
...it was good...it didn't set up as nicely as a cooked pudding would have though...
...remembering how good that impromptu bee-free-honee-mustard dressing was that I made a couple of nights ago...I on purpose made a whole jar...yum...
...and the only other food prep I did was to bake a loaf of multi-grain bread...and I sent my sweet sissie a bunch of recipes from my old bread machine cookbook...the man likes this one...(my favorite is the Dill Bread)...
...this one is yummy though...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try the dill bread next! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get a little hungry while visiting here, lol. We are doing our weekly shopping today and hopefully there will be good meals in my future :)

    ReplyDelete