Wednesday, December 21, 2022

...12.21...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...first of all...a little two tone burgundy sock update...I'm just turning the heel of the second sock...and I'm hoping to have them finished before we leave for Japan...
...and then...from the thrift store...I'm rehab-ing a few little gifties for the kiddos...y'all have seen the little fairy doll before...Rapunzel will have to wait...some of these things were freebies...and some I purchased on 1/2 price day...
...a little scrub with some Bar Keepers friend fixes the little gift card holder right up...
...and then I gave the ponies and the Christmas dress a wash...I'm hoping the dress will fit the Madame Alexander doll...
...now...on to the ponies...I had some Barbie hair that I was saving...
...and I thought I'd make a new tail for the pink pony...
...somehow she lost her tail...
...so I separated the hair into ringlets...
...and glued the ends with hot glue so they couldn't come apart...
...and when I had several little ringlets...
...I just stuffed them into the space for the tail...
...and then I masked the hiney part of the pony with tape...and used my pink sharpie to colour the tail pink to match the mane...
...curled it around a piece of a straw...
...and dipped it inot boiling water to set it...
...and the big poony just needed a wash...
...and to have her hair all combed out...
...and the blue pony's pink hair got combed out as well...
...and since it was a little bit frizzy...I flattened out the ends wtih some tissue...
...before I wrapped it around the curler stem...
...then I dipped her into the boiling water too...
...and here she is after a comb-out...
...ready for gifting...
...and so is the little tail-less one...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. All that work is truly amazing! So neat that you are reviving these items. I'm sure the girls will love them. Love, K

    ReplyDelete