...we had a quick bagel breakfast...because there was heavy rain in the forecast and we wanted to get the shopping done before it started...
...however...we were unsuccessful...not unsuccessful getting the groceries...unsuccessful avoiding the rain...
...we made it through our Aldi shopping without incident...and I got the red/white/blue Popz again...
...and then it absolutely poured on us...the Stuff-Mart parking lot was a creek with about 4 inches of water rapidly flowing towards the drains...and when we got out onto the city streets water was gushing from the drains...not into them...out of them they were so overfull...so we were quite happy to be home...and set up the fan to dry out all of the grocery bags which were soaked on the way to the car...
...we got pretty much the normal things...I got a watermelon...YAY!...and they had all of our preferred unsweetened plant milks...
...and the organic chickpeas and the hominy were on sale for 99¢ each...so we stocked up...
...oh...and my brand new shoes were also soaked...so I turned them upside down over a vent...hopefully they'll dry without issue...
...and sadly...our neighborhood veg stand is no longer a thing...the past couple of times that I rode past it on my bike the sign read Okra $1...instead of Fresh Garden Veg $1...and he just had a basket of okra...
...so of course I bought the last of that...we had a few batches freshly Griddler-ed...and then I froze a couple of bags for later...I love re-using cereal bags for freezer bags...they work perfectly and they're nice and tough...
...I made a zucchini bread...
...and we picked a bunch of tomatoes...
...so delicious...
...the watermelon was delicious...
~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!
Monday, August 03, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Sorry you got soaked but I'm sure it will all dry out. Those tomatoes look wonderful! Love, K
ReplyDelete