Sunday, August 09, 2026

...8.9...Over the Weekend...

...with no threat of a deluge this weekend...we had a leisurely pancake breakfast...
...I do love me some pancakes...
...instead of my big pink mug (which holds 40 oz. - 1183 ml) ...a bit much for a 12 oz. (355 ml) soda...I just popped a few ice cubes into my old glass snapple bottle before we left...
...trying the rainbow sherbet Popz...
...definitely easier to pour into the mug...haha...
...there really wasn't much on the list this week...
...I made another batch of chocolate hummus...
...and I baked a loaf of whole wheat bread on the porch...
...and got it all sliced up for sammies this week...
...then Sunday afternoon...we headed downtown...
...to go to the museum...they're actually between exhibits right now...so it was fun just to peruse the 'normal' offerings at the museum...
...I am always more drawn to and interested in the really really old things...like this neolithic animal sculpture from the Qijia culture - 2250-1900 BCE...
...or this “Neighing Caparisoned Horse” from the Tang Dynasty (c. 8th–9th century)...
...these are snuff bottles...
...there was this exhibit room with all this china...and there were books for each display with a page for each item...it wasn't crowded so it wasn't a problem...but what if there were a lot of people and you had to wait your turn for a book...
...of course there was lots of modern art as well...I thought this mask looked like something from Star Wars...
...and I actually love her striped top...of course...
...after the museum we strolled around downtown and into a new to use restaurant with lots of vegan options...I got the pasta and veggies...really good...
...and we ended the evening on our piazza enjoying this beautiful sunset...

~WIshing you a lovely start to your week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment