Saturday, August 29, 2026

...8.29...Dinner and a Movie...

...Spaghetti night...YAY!...
...the Man's delicious spaghetti...with a salad and garlic bread...

...and the movie was the new season of Ted Lasso...I didn't even realize that there was a new season until it popped up in my recommended queue...y'all know that I loved the first series...and now Ted is going back to England to coach a women's soccer team...I enjoyed this little surprise and will happily watch all of the new series...

...are y'all Ted Lasso fans?...

...In books this week...of course I finished The Wasp Factory...no surprises there for me as I'd already read the last chapter...next up on the 100 best books of all time list is Camus' The Stranger...I'd read L'Etranger in French in college and written a paper or two on it...so there were absolutely no surprises in this translated version...I got the version translated by Matthew Ward in 1989 from my library...it's been "praised for its exactitude, clarity, and closer adherence to the stylistic nuances of the original French text"...it's an American translation...I liked it...it was a very short read that I finished in two days...there's a newer translation from 2012 based in part on a 1954 audio recording of Camus reading the novel aloud on French radio...which would probably be good too...

...next up is The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold...I don't know anything about this book...but I'll pick it up from the library and get started...

...what have you been watching and reading lately?...

~Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

  1. We haven’t had time to watch or read much! Will definitely do the new Ted Lasso series, good clean fun. Live, K

    ReplyDelete