Saturday, August 01, 2026

...8.1...Dinner and a Movie...

...dinner was leftovers from the Birthday dinner...I just mixed the ragu with some vegan tofu feta...
...and the Man seasoned and grilled some eggplant...
...and I added it to my plate...still very delicious...

...and since I finished reading A Town Like Alice...I thought the Man might also enjoy the movie version...

...it was good...very well acted...Virginia McKenna plays Jean Paget and at first it was hard to imagine her in that role as she's blond and Neville Shute describes her as having a braid of long black hair when Joe Harman (played by Peter Finch) meets her...I always think it's funny when directors/producers change something so significant about a character because if you've read the book you kind of have an image in your mind that doesn't coalesce...

...and this week's book is The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas...I had read The Count of Monte Cristo as a child and I remember watching the 1975 movie version as well...it was really good...we may watch it again...haha...

...I thought about trying to get the book in French...it's available at Project Gutenberg...but I'm not so much a fan of reading books on computers...

...also not a fan of audiobooks in general...but I found this one in French at LibriVox...so I'm thinking I'll waffle back and forth between the two...maybe have the Gutenberg version up while I listen...it'll be fun and I'm always needing to review my French...

...what have you been watching or reading lately?...

~Have a lovely weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment