...guess what...we had pancakes for breakfast again...
...I'm not remotely sorry about that...I love pancakes...
...then we headed out for the groceries...this week no silk soy milk..
...and I went back to my giant mug for my soda treat...it's too hard to pour into the bottle and I don't want any spills in the car...Cherry Lime this week...
...of note...Stuff Mart had these vegan baked beans on sale for $1 each...so I thought we'd give them a try...I'll let you know...
...gave the non-organic veg a soak in some baking soda water...
...and the fruit as well...it removes almost all of any residual pesticides in case you didn't know that...
...food prep consisted of another zucchini bread...
...and a pot of rice...
...and then in the garden...after we pulled up all the squash and tomato plants...we needed to till the garden and get it ready for the fall planting...
...before...
...in process...
...one pass...
...another pass...
...finished...and ready for planting...
...we did the same for the tomato planting area...
...and then we washed the tiller and put it away...
...so what's left...
...the rattlesnake beans...still picking those every day or so...
...the newly planted peppers...
...and the cucumber - still thriving...I've planted about 5 new ones and once they're up and prospering I'll plant them beside this huge one...
...so what's blooming...
...the giant marigolds beside the driveway...
...and the Okinawan Hibiscus...
...and two of the lilies...this orange frilled one...
...and the Stella Doro...
...what's thriving this late in the season for you?...
~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!
Monday, August 17, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Nothing is thriving because I haven’t planted anything! Your soil looks so nice all ready to plant. Love , K
ReplyDelete